Saturday, February 21, 2009

Whom Shall I send?



"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.
Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.
And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."
At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."
Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" --Isa. 6:1-7

God not only forgave Isaiah for being a man of unclean lips, but he also cleansed his lips! Isaiah knew that he was a sinful man and did not deserve or even survive standing in the presence of the pure and holy God. When you first became saved you came to the realization that you were a sinner who did not deserve to be forgiven and cleansed from your sin by God! Jesus Christ took your sin and died a sinful man even though he lived a sinless life. Even after being saved by God's grace we still at times sin! How annoyed do you get when someone does something against you, says they are sorry and then the next day does the exact same thing only to once again ask for forgiveness! At some point you don't want to forgive them anymore! I had a friend that would constantly forget that she made plans to hang out with me. We planned to have a sleep over on a friday night about 3 days in advance. When friday night came around I called and asked her what time she was going to come over. Come to find out she had forgotten our plans entirely and was already at her other friend's house for a sleep over! You're probably thinking, "she didn't want to hang out with me so she just said she forgot" but the thing was she was the one that asked me if I wanted to have the sleep over! This happened about three more consecutive times at that point I was fed up and I really did not want to forgive her anymore! That happened only a few times, can you even imagine how many times we sin against God and then ask for forgiveness?? Unlike humans, God forgives us if we wholeheartedly repent! That is the amazing thing about grace! God's grace is constantly saving you! Take a look at Isa. 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" After we became saved we can't just sit in God's grace! We have to go and do all the things God has for us! God wants to send you and use you! Coming into God's grace is only step 1. Doing what God has called you to do is step 2. God has given each and everyone one of us a divine calling. Ask God to show you the calling he has for your life and he will. But you also have to prepare. There were two farmers that were suffering from a huge drout. The 2 farmers both believed in God and prayed that God would send rain, but only 1 of the farmers went out and prepared his fields for rain. When the rain did come which of the farmer's fields thrived? God will use you. There is no doubt about that. The question is are you willing to prepare your fields? Are you willing to shut off your bedroom door, computer, and cell phone and spend time with God, seeking God's will? Are you willing to remove temptations from your life? You may want to change the world and God may have that in store for you, but if you give into temptations you give up a little bit of your destiny. What is really important to you? It was Isaiah's choice to say "Here am I. Send me!" God has an amazing destiny lined up for you.Do whatever it takes to keep your destiny. Be the one that God sends.

No comments:

Post a Comment