Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It is NOT about us

A while ago, I was asked to lead a small scripture verse discussion. I skipped from scripture to scripture trying to find the one that God had for me to share. Surprisingly enough, it was my mom who was the one to suggest the verse. It was perfect for what I was feeling the need to speak about. It was 1 Corinthians 10:31. Since you probably do not have a Bible in reaching distance, here is the scripture verse in the NIV.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."--1 Cor. 10:31
In this verse Paul is talking about, even the seemingly "little" things we do, let everything honor God and bring Him glory. Every aspect of our lives should be for the glory of God. Whether it is relationships, school, responspibilities, or anything. It is not about us. It is about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment