Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Don't miss the point




In the beginning of the year I did some seriously needed reflections of 2009 and how so much has changed, how so much about me has changed. It really is so easy to lose your mind when life is flying by if you don't slow down sometimes and you don't have the friends to keep reminding you of your end goal. It really is a constant battle for your destiny. I don't know when it started or how it happened, but I simply stopped caring. I found myself defining who God was and day by day I kept cramming him and my destiny into smaller and smaller boxes. My destiny became about making me happy, and nothing else. My God became what I wanted him to be. Until a friend let me borrow this book called Crazy Love. (I recommend it to everyone) While I was just reading it for no particular reason these words hit me, "You're missing the point". I know these words don't seem too profound, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. Although I never wanted to waste my life, the point of my life wasn't to have as much fun as I possibly could and then die. God created me for so much more than that and while in prayer he made it so clear to me that he had so much more for my life if I would just stop cramming him into this itty bitty sized box and just trusted in him. I was forgetting that right now he wants to prepare me for the destiny he has created and called me for."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11 Every time I wander off from God's plan, I am giving up a part of my destiny. I am not saying God's grace isn't sufficient, because it is. But there is that time you wasted chasing after other things that you're not going to get back and the mistakes that you have made do have consequences. I don't want to waste any more time, I don't want to lose anymore of what God has for me. Its time that we stop missing the point and realize that God has way too much in store for us to be messing around with distractions.

"
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" 1 Cor. 10:31


No comments:

Post a Comment